ADWA has 3 membership types: Full, Student and Associate
Full members can vote at general meetings, serve on committees and be elected or appointed to the Board of Directors. They receive copies of all member communications and have access to the Members Only section of the website and ADWA’s Perkopolis discount program. Dues are $120 per year and can be paid by
- annual payment of $120 mailed to ADWA
- annual $120 PayPal payment
- monthly $10 PayPal payments
- in some places, automatic monthly $10 payroll deductions*
Please note that by law, ADWA memberships are not tax-deductible.
If you pay dues monthly and your payment information has changed, you can sign into your PayPal account to update your payment information. Or call PayPal's Customer Service at 1-888-221-1161 for help.
Student members can vote at general meetings. They receive copies of all member communications and have access to the Members Only section of the website and ADWA’s Perkopolis discount program. Student members must be enrolled full time in a human service-related program. In recognition of the lower earning power of full-time students, student membership dues are $20 per year, payable through PayPal or by cheque mailed to ADWA with a completed application form. Please note that student membership gives access to the Members Only section once it has been approved by ADWA, which may take a day or two.
Associate members are individuals or organizations that support the mission and principles of ADWA but are not disability workers in Alberta and, therefore, do not qualify for full membership. The purpose of Associate membership is to build better communication links with potential partners in support of ADWA’s goals. They must be approved by the Membership Committee. Associate members receive copies of ADWA electronic communications but cannot vote or hold office. They pay no dues, although donations are welcome.
For online payment processing, press the "Submit Payment" button only ONCE. There may be a delay in the system's response and pressing the button a second time may result in a double payment being made.
*The following service providers support ADWA membership by making a payroll deduction option available or purchasing memberships for staff:
- Ability Resource Association
- Blue Heron Vocational Training Centre
- Calgary Society of Community Opportunities
- Crowsnest Community Support Services
- Drumheller and Region Transition Society (DARTS)
- E.C.H.O. Society
- Falher Friendship Corner Association
- Lac La Biche Disability Services
- Lacombe Action Group
- MirkaCare Services Inc.
- St. Paul Abilities Network (SPAN)
- Southern Alberta Individualized Planning Association (SAIPA)
- SASH Disability Support Services
- Vegreville Association for Living in Dignity (VALID)
- Westlock Independence Network (WIN)
If you are a service provider who wishes to support the disability workforce by arranging payroll deduction or purchasing memberships for your staff, please e-mail us at info@ADWA.ca.